Classroom practices have been changing gradually over the last couple of years, with many students now working on laptops both in school and for doing homework. Fewer kids are attending face to face lessons, even studying from out-of-state or overseas locations, so laptops are rapidly becoming the teacher’s most important educational tool.
In order to prepare for this new style of classroom, teachers are having to spend hours researching lesson topics online, creating multimedia presentations, and becoming more than adept at Zoom or MS Office. However, with teacher’s salaries remaining on the low end, the chosen laptop has to perform well, whilst keeping a budget-friendly price tag.
What should I look for in an educational laptop?
- Processor: Due to the amount of work that is expected from an educational laptop, we recommend an 8th generation and upward Intel Core, or a Ryzen 3 processor
- Display: Any graphics you create must be clear and easy to understand, so a Full HD display will provide the ability to make stunning charts, videos and more
- RAM: In order to always have plenty of spare memory, 8GB is fine. If you are working within the university sector, it could be worth considering getting 16GB
- WiFi Card: For online teaching, this is crucial, and avoids congested internet signals
- SSD: With lectures being recorded, as well as a solid-state drive, it’s a good idea to have at least 128 GB storage space
The models that we feature here have all survived our testing process, designed to separate the great from the merely mundane. Have a look through our winners:
1) Apple MacBook Air 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage
Teachers deserve the best because they work twice as hard in providing quality education and learning experiences for our kids. If you are a teacher or you know one, you can show appreciation to them by giving them a laptop that will work just as much as they do. We recommend getting the Apple MacBook Air because it is convenient and easy to use especially if your dear teacher already owns an iPhone. It powerfully completes tasks that will help your teacher’s workload lighter and easier to accomplish. Also, it feels premium and sleek that looks professional and beautiful at their desk.
$637.15 in stock
2) HP HD Touchscreen Intel Core i3 8GB 128GB SSD HDMI
The New HP 15.6″ HD Touchscreen Laptop Intel Core i3 is the perfect laptop if you prefer working with touchscreen devices just like your pad or phone. It provides versatility and functionality of both laptop and tablet or pad that makes it an awesome and useful choice. It is great for teachers who work so hard at school in the morning and want to switch things up easily without having the need to bring two devices from home to school. You will get your money’s worth with this hardworking and efficient laptop that provides ease of access and functionality all in one.
11 used from $298.00
3) Acer Aspire Full HD IPS Display, Intel Core i5 8GB Wi-Fi
The Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop that has a 15.6″ Full HD IPS Display will make any teacher’s life easier and more convenient. It provides a large display that will make computing grades and reading essays easier and more eye-friendly. It will give your teacher more space to work on classes and office papers that will help them accomplish more without putting more effort. It is a great companion to long-hours at work as it provides a beautiful viewing experience while working. The design of this laptop is also slim and lightweight so it is easy to carry around wherever you go.