From cumbersome beasts a few years ago, advances in technology have allowed the home computer to downsize in scale whilst upsizing in performance. Laptops have all the power and functionality of the largest CPU but in a sleek, easily maneuverable chassis. This makes them ideal for surfing seniors.
Desktop applications have also become simpler to use, and navigate around, yet can do so much more than even a year or two ago. Offering a whole world of adventure, most silver surfers are perfectly happy using today’s programs and operating systems with no problems whatsoever, but what should you consider in a senior’s laptop?
What to look for in a laptop for seniors?
- Processor: An indication of the power offered, most laptops come with 2GHz as standard, and this is perfectly adequate for the majority of users; however, if you plan to use power-hungry software, look at increasing the processor power to 3GHz
- RAM: 4GB of RAM is perfect for most home users, however, purchasing more RAM is not expensive, and can increase your machine’s memory to 16 or even 32
- Battery Life: For a laptop, this is always going to be a crucial question. Do you need to take your laptop away from the power source at all, and therefore need a longer than average battery life?
- Screen Size: While bigger is generally seen as better, a larger laptop will be heavier if you need to move it around a lot
- SSD: With a Solid State Drive being a popular choice due to having fast load times and great robustness, most machines carry an SSD
We considered all these factors and more while putting the best selling models through their paces. These are our winners:
1) Acer Aspire, 15.6’’ Full HD, 4GB, 128GB SSD, Windows 10
Getting older does not mean you have to give up on technology completely. There are plenty of gadgets in the market that will make you live better and smoother just like the Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop. It has a widescreen that will let you view the images easily and clearly and it runs on AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor that ensures it will not lag on you so there is no waiting time on your work or leisure. It is simple and easy to use and will provide you the convenience of technology you want and deserve.
10 used from $277.34
2) HP 14’’ Touchscreen Laptop, 3.5GHz, 8GB, 256GB SSD, Windows 10
There’s no stopping with the HP 14-inch Touchscreen Laptop that runs on the powerful AMD Ryzen 3-3200U. Age does not count, only memory, with its packed 8GB DDR RAM and 256GB SSD internal memory. It is the best laptop you can get for your grandfather or grandmother that does not skip work even at their age. It is lightweight and easy to carry around so they can put it in a bag and work wherever and whenever they want. Enjoy the 8-hour long-lasting battery that can accompany you through work and leisure without worrying about charging in between. It is a great laptop for all ages.
7 used from $359.00
3) Samsung Chromebook 11.6” 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage
Your grandparents only deserve the best and the most premium of all things. Get them a laptop that feels premium and works hard to provide ease of access and smooth workflow. We recommend the Samsung Premium 11.6-Inch HD Chromebook that runs on Intel Dual Core Celeron. It comes with all the features your grandparents will need to watch their favorite movies, browse through the internet, read news and e-books, work, and more. It is one of the most convenient laptops that we recommend because of its amazing battery life of 11 hours of continuous use! It is a powerful and useful laptop your grandparents will love.