Whether you’re saving the girl, the world, or the universe, dedicated gaming laptops need to offer something different from the regular everyday computer, and HP is renowned for delivering top-of-the-range machines.
Powerful graphics, superior displays, and all-encompassing audio effects come together to produce a fully immersive experience for the player. Often with stylish designs and super cool innovative features, an HP gaming laptop can take you all the way to peak performance.
So, what should you look for in an HP gaming laptop?
- Drive: If you’re shopping for a regular laptop, a solid-state hard drive (SSD) is a wise choice, however, this is critical when looking for a gaming laptop. Delivering a rapid load time, they tend to be more robust than a standard hard drive, keep the laptop cooler due to a lower energy requirement
- Screen size: For gaming at home you may find that bigger is definitely better and a 17 inch or above works well
- Graphics Card: A dedicated graphics card is the way to go for demanding, image-rich games
- Display: As a minimum, you need to look for a 1920×1080 display
- RAM: For a gaming laptop, consider getting 8 GB, or more of RAM
Without further ado, here are our best HP gaming laptops on the market.
1. HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop
The HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop is a large 17-inch machine. Running on a 10th Generation Intel Core i5 and 8 GB RAM this is a decent laptop for gaming on the run. Of course in this day and age, more power is always available. If you’re willing to shell out a little bit more cash the laptop’s memory can be upgraded up to 32 GB.
The 17-inch screen has a 79% screen to body ratio, and the HP Micro-edge Full HD display providing narrower bezels will help you get the most out of the Pavilion Gaming’s massive screen size.
The only cause for concern for the users of this model is the storage, the laptop is only fitted with 256 GB SSD. So for a laptop like this, an external hard drive will definitely come in handy!
The laptop, weighing only 6.07 pounds, is relatively light for a 17-inch gaming laptop! So if you’re in the market for one, the HP Pavilion Gaming definitely suffices for the role of a powerful and portable machine.
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-inch, Intel Core i5, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Windows 10 Home (17-cd1020nr, Shadow Black)
- REALISTIC GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated). Enjoy new levels of gaming realism and performance with real-time ray-tracing technologies. VR and mixed reality ready. 17.3-inch diagonal FHD, IPS, anti-glare, WLED-backlit, 300 nits, 100% sRGB (1920 x 1080) display with 60Hz refresh rate
- CUTTING-EDGE GAMING PERFORMANCE: Play the latest computer games, including Fortnite, PUBG, and Overwatch, from anywhere - without sacrificing performance
- OMEN COMMAND CENTER: Easily turn up your performance with included software that enables control over your CPU overclocking settings and prioritizes your gaming traffic to minimize latency
- BIOS RECOVERY PROTECTION: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot-up issues
- ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS: Low halogen, mercury-free display backlights, arsenic-free display glass in this ENERGY STAR certified, EPEAT Silver registered HP laptop
2. OMEN 17 Gaming Laptop
The OMEN 17 Gaming laptop is definitely a beast in its category. The laptop is commonly known for being able to replace desktop computers easily, while giving you the added bonus of portability! The OMEN 17 with a 17.3-inch screen, running on a 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H. and 8 GB of RAM definitely packs a punch! But like most gaming laptops, this model has alternate variations that can easily go up to 16 GB memory, so you can play all your favorite games!
For users who like to customize their laptops, the keyboard’s backlit LED lights colors can be hand picked for all four independent zones. If you’re easily distracted while working or gaming, the keyboards RGB lights can also be switched out of static and animated mode. The HP OMEN Command Center lets you go as far as changing the animation and assigning specific colors for it.
To conclude, the OMEN 17 is definitely a great bet as a laptop or PC replacement. This model is essentially a gaming PC in laptop format!
OMEN 17 Gaming Laptop, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Intel Core i7-10750H, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB PCIe NVMe SSD, 17.3" Full HD, Windows 10 Home, RGB Keyboard (17-cb1060nr, 2020 Model)
- REALISTIC GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated). Enjoy NVIDIA Pascal architecture for amazing speed and power efficiency. VR and Mixed Reality-ready. 17.3-inch diagonal Full HD, IPS, anti-glare, WLED-backlit, 300 nits, 100% sRGB (1920 x1080) display with 60Hz refresh rate; 80% screen to body ratio, dual monitor support ( 1 HDMI 2.0a , 1 Mini DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3 with SuperSpeed USB Type-C )
- SUPER-FAST PROCESSOR: Take mobile gaming and content creation to the next level with breakthrough performance, fast downloads and smooth streaming. 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H, 6-Core, 2.6 GHz base frequency, up to 5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- HIGHER BANDWIDTH MEMORY & FAST BOOTUP WITH SOLID-STATE DRIVE: With its higher bandwidth, everything from multi-tasking to playing games gets a performance boost. Get up to 30x faster performance than a traditional hard drive. 8 GB DDR4-2933 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB) with two accessible memory slots upgradeable to 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) & 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD upgradable with 1 available M.2 slot
- GAMING CONNECTIVITY: Enjoy a smoother wireless experience with Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) and Bluetooth5.0 combo, all your connections are solid and up to 3x faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5. Pair with a MU-MIMO router for a smoother online experience in multi-device homes. 3 SuperSpeed USB Type-A, RJ-45 Ethernet Port, 3.5mm Headphone/microphone combo (DTS: X Ultra), AC smart pin, Microphone
- THIN, LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE WITH LONG BATTERY LIFE: 15.94 in (W) x 11.22 in (D) x 1.18 in (H); 5.43 lb; up to 6 hours (mixed usage), up to 3 hours and 45 minutes (video playback), up to 3 hours (wireless streaming), 4-cell, 70 Wh Li-ion polymer battery, 200 W Smart AC power adapter
3. HP 17.3″ HD+ Screen Laptop
The newest 2021 model of the HP 17.3″ has a wide range of variations. The model starts at 8 GB RAM with 256 GB storage and goes all the way up to 32 GB RAM with 2 TB storage. Which is undeniably a very big jump! The 17.3-inch LED screen and Ultra HD graphics compressor do as expected, providing crisp and clear images for gaming and more!
This laptop is definitely great bang for buck, with all aspects of the laptop being suitable for gaming, and photo and video editing. This new model is snappy and powerful; suited for your work and play needs.
No need to worry about having a hard time taking this machine around because it only weighs 5.40 pounds! Surprisingly light for it’s power.
This HP laptop is simple and sleek. This is sure to interest you if you’re not partial to the conventional look of gaming laptops and want something a little less in-you-face and more casual.
2020 Newest HP 17.3" HD+ Screen Laptop Computer, Intel Quad-Core i5-1035G1 (Up to 3.60GHz, Beat i7-8550U), 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Webcam, DVD-RW, HDMI, WiFi, Bluetooth, Win10, w/GM Accessories
- 【17.3" HD+ display】BrightView glossy screen maintains the vivid colors in your photos and videos. 1600 x 900 resolution for high-quality images and fine detail. WLED backlight.
- 【10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1】Smart quad-core, eight-way processing performance. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it, while increasing energy efficiency when you don't.
- 【8GB System Memory & 256GB PCIe SSD】Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once; provides massive storage space for huge files, so that you can store important digital data and work your way through it with ease. It gives you enormous space to save all of your files. Enhance the overall performance of the laptop for business, student, daily usage.
- 【Additional port & Accessories】2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Combination Audio Jack, 1 x RJ-45 Connector, 1 x Multi-format SD Media Card Reader, 1 x DVD-RW; Accessories including HDMI Cable, USB extension cord and Mouse Pad.
- You may switch win 10 S mode to the regular win 10: Update Microsoft App Store to the latest version. Press "Start button" bottom left of the screen; Select "Settings" icon above "power" icon; Select Update & Security and Activation, then Go to Store; Select "Get" option under "Switch out of S mode"; Hit Install.