These days nearly everything is done digitally, so one feature that has been removed from many laptops is the CD/DVD drive. The software that used to be installed from a disk can now be downloaded, and music and DVDs can be streamed online too. However, whether it is because you have a large DVD or CD collection to get through, or because you have some old install disks that you would like to be able to use, there are times that you really do need that integrated CD drive.
Whatever it is that you’re looking for in a laptop, at Laptop Den we understand how hard it can be to find the right one for you. There are so many technical specifications that need to be taken into consideration, so we have done all the hard work of trying to find a laptop with a CD drive for you!
What to look for when buying a new laptop with CD Drive?
- Processor: Processor speed is measured in gigahertz (GHz). The higher this measurement, the faster the processor. These chips are constantly getting smaller and more powerful. However, when you shop, you probably shouldn’t consider anything lower than 2 GHz.
- RAM: A lightweight system today can get by with 4GB of RAM. 8GB should be plenty for current and near-term future applications, 16GB gives you comfortable space for the future, and anything over 16GB is likely to be unnecessary unless you know you’ll definitely need it
- Screen size: If you’re using your laptop for movies then you may want a bigger screen, however if those movies will be watched on the go then maybe you would be looking for smaller smaller, lighter and more portable.
- Battery life: If you’re using your laptop on the go then you need to find a laptop with a really good battery life, you don’t want your battery dying just as you get to that cliffhanger!
- SSD vs HDD: When shopping for a laptop, it’s best to go with an SSD hard drive. Solid state drives deliver faster load times for games, applications, and movies. Because of the technology they use, SSDs are lighter and more able to withstand being moved and dropped. In addition, solid state drives use less energy, keeping the computer they’re used in cooler.
We’ve considered all these features, and present our top 3 laptops with integrated CD/DVD drive.
Check out these pages too for some great branded laptops