These days nearly everything is done digitally, so one feature that has been removed from many laptops is the CD/DVD drive. The software that used to be installed from a disk can now be downloaded, and music and DVDs can be streamed online too. However, whether it is because you have a large DVD or CD collection to get through, or because you have some old install disks that you would like to be able to use, there are times that you really do need that integrated CD drive.
Whatever it is that you’re looking for in a laptop, at Laptop Den we understand how hard it can be to find the right one for you. There are so many technical specifications that need to be taken into consideration, so we have done all the hard work of trying to find a laptop with a CD drive for you!
What to look for when buying a new laptop with CD Drive?
- Processor: Processor speed is measured in gigahertz (GHz). The higher this measurement, the faster the processor. These chips are constantly getting smaller and more powerful. However, when you shop, you probably shouldn’t consider anything lower than 2 GHz.
- RAM: A lightweight system today can get by with 4GB of RAM. 8GB should be plenty for current and near-term future applications, 16GB gives you comfortable space for the future, and anything over 16GB is likely to be unnecessary unless you know you’ll definitely need it
- Screen size: If you’re using your laptop for movies then you may want a bigger screen, however if those movies will be watched on the go then maybe you would be looking for smaller smaller, lighter and more portable.
- Battery life: If you’re using your laptop on the go then you need to find a laptop with a really good battery life, you don’t want your battery dying just as you get to that cliffhanger!
- SSD vs HDD: When shopping for a laptop, it’s best to go with an SSD hard drive. Solid state drives deliver faster load times for games, applications, and movies. Because of the technology they use, SSDs are lighter and more able to withstand being moved and dropped. In addition, solid state drives use less energy, keeping the computer they’re used in cooler.
We’ve considered all these features, and present our top 3 laptops with integrated CD/DVD drive.
This HP laptop is a great option for a laptop with a CD drive, all its features are up to par and up to date, while ensuring you can make the most out of your CD or DVD collection. Powered by a 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7200U processor capable of speeds of 2.5 GHz, and can be turbo boosted up to 3.1 GHz, and fitted with 8 GB DDR4 RAM, as well as 1 TB HDD storage space, this is a decent laptop to work with and use daily.
The 17.3-inch HD screen will surely make looking at photos, videos, or watching movies a viewing pleasure! Roomy storage makes transferring files, saving them or burning CDs a breeze!
The laptop weighs 5.84 pounds, not the lightest, but definitely not impossible to carry around when needed! It is certainly a decent weight for a laptop that is 17.3-inches.
So if you’re looking for a good laptop that is reliable and can read your precious CDs or DVDs, this is undoubtedly a solid contender!
The Acer Aspire E 15 is a sleek and simple beauty. More than fitting for everyday work and use, easy to bring around and snappy, this laptop is something to look into if you need a laptop with a CD drive. Running on an 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U, equipped with 6 GB RAM Memory, and 1 TB HDD storage, this laptop is straight forward and has enough room for all your files and software.
A 15.6-inch Full HD screen allows for maximum enjoyment of media without taking away from laptop’s portability. This model guarantees up to 13.5 hours of battery life. which is definitely great when you’re on the go! Weighing only 5.27 pounds this laptop is easy to bring around for working remotely.
If you need a laptop that works hard, travels easy, and that can play your CDs the Acer Aspire E 15 is worth looking into!
1 used from $1,199.77
The HP Pavilion is one of the go-to models for students and professionals everywhere! Known for being light and reliable, this laptop remains on top. Running on a Dual-Core AMD A6 with speeds up to 2.6GHz, fitted with 8 GB DDR4 RAM, and 128 GB SSD storage. Perfect for work, school, and daily use.
With this HP Pavilion, connectivity and compatibility is the name of the game. Along with the standard Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity the laptop also has a DVD/CD reader, an SD card reader, an HDMI port, a RJ-45 ethernet port, as well as several USB 2.0 and 3.1 ports. This definitely provides a level of ease when transferring and arranging your files, and charging your devices.
This 15.6-inch laptop weighs only 4.41 pounds and is the lightest one on this top three list. As mentioned earlier this laptop is fitted with a CD drive which means you can view and transfer photos and files, install PC games through CD, or watch your collection of DVDs. This HP Pavilion is definitely ideal for productivity and device connectivity when you’re in or out of the house!
Check out these pages too for some great branded laptops