When it comes to laptops, size really does matter. A small laptop is much more lightweight and portable and therefore a lot easier to carry around. This makes it perfect for students who can slip it in their bag to take to school or college, and is also great for doing business on the move. Smaller laptops also come with a smaller price tag, so it makes them ideal for a first laptop for a child too.
At Laptop Den we understand how difficult it is to find a new laptop, with so many technical specifications that you need to look at, so we have done the hard work for you.
What to look for when buying a new small laptop?
- Processor: Processor speed is measured in gigahertz (GHz). The higher this measurement, the faster the processor. These chips are constantly getting smaller and more powerful. To get the best out of your laptop you should really be looking at at least 2 GHz.
- RAM: A lightweight system today can get by with 4GB of RAM. 8GB should be plenty for current and near-term future applications, 16GB gives you comfortable space for the future, however unless you know that you will definitely need it, anything over 16GB is probably unnecessary.
- Battery Life: A big benefit of small laptops is how portable they are so you need to make sure that the battery is going to last long enough for how you’re going to use it. You don’t want to be running out of power half way through your work!
- Screen Size: Think about what size is going to work best for you. Will you need to use the laptop where you have limited space, on a plane or train for example, or are you happy to forego some degree of portability and opt for a slightly larger screen size?
- SSD vs HDD: When shopping for a laptop, it’s best to go with an SSD hard drive. Solid state drives deliver faster load times for games, applications, and movies. Because of the technology they use, SSDs are lighter and more able to withstand being moved and dropped. In addition, solid state drives use less energy, keeping the computer they’re used in cooler.
We’ve considered all these features, and present our top 3 small laptops
1) Asus Vivobook Ultra Slim Laptop
When you think of portable, this Asus Vivobook ultra-slim laptop is what you need. Yes, it is small, but it has enough power to let you get the work done. It is powered by Intel Celeron N4000 Processor, 64GB eMMC flash storage, and 4GB LPDDR4 RAM. This laptop is designed for mobility as it is smaller than an A4 paper and weighs only 2.1lb. This is best for taking work anywhere with you. Another excellent feature of the L203MA-DS04 is that it can be laid flat on the table, perfect for sharing content with your coworkers, especially during a meeting.
33 used from $169.81
2) Lenovo HD Laptop with Webcam and Bluetooth
If you’re looking for the best small laptop to bring around with you, something that is portable yet still powerful to help you keep up with the demands of work, this Lenovo 130S is just the perfect device to choose. It is powered by an Intel Celeron N4000 processor, its 4GB RAM, and 64GB eMMC flash memory are ideal for applications, also providing you with enough storage. This laptop is perfect to help you become more productive, checking and answering emails and browsing through the internet. Another best thing about this laptop is that it is super affordable, something useful that won’t burn your pockets.
10 used from $179.99
3) Acer Spin Ultra Spin 2 in 1 Laptop
This Acer Spin 1 SP111-33 ultra-slim touch 2 in 1 laptop is best used for mobility and functionality. Power your workday with this laptop and still stay stylish. Powered by an Intel Dual-Core Celeron N4000, and 4GB DDR4 memory with a 64GB solid-state drive for a seamless performance. Its 360-degree hinge provides you four different modes to enjoy, it gives you the function of a tablet, tent, a display mode, and a traditional laptop. It’s super affordable for the many functions it offers you. This laptop is one of the best purchases you can make, letting you keep up with work and still have fun.
Check out these pages too for some great branded laptops