Most laptop users find that a screen size of 15.6” is more than adequate for their purposes, and the range of models available across this middle ground is vast. With the majority of manufacturers focusing on the 15 – 16” laptops, there’s a lot of scope for finding the perfect machine, however, with all the tech jargon floating around, there’s an equally good chance of getting it wrong, and that’s where Laptop Den can help.
What to look for when buying a new 15.6’’ laptop for under $1000?
- Processor: Measured in GHz (gigahertz), the higher the number, the faster the processor. 2GHz is ideal for the average to high end user; however for a top spec dedicated games machine, you might look for a little above that figure.
- RAM: 4GB of RAM is perfect for the majority of users, but if you plan to do a lot of downloading, 8GB will see you through and then some. External RAM is readily available and easy to install.
- Battery Life: A big benefit of the 15 inchers is how portable they are, so it follows that the battery life needs to be good – you don’t want to be running out of power half way through your work!
- SSD vs HDD: When shopping for a laptop, it’s best to go with an SSD hard drive. With faster loads times offered and the increased durability of the drive, it makes sense to go for an SSD over an HDD.
- Screen Size: The 15.6’’ screen that your considering is a good size for the vast majority of users. This allows you to work comfortably on the move, without taking up too much room on the train. You can also perch anywhere to work. Crowded coffee houses are just not conducive to a screen that’s too large, but with a screen this size you can squeeze onto an already occupied table with no hassle
By setting a $1000 maximum budget, we’ve looked at the best machines available – after all, you don’t want to sell your soul just for one laptop, do you? Putting these machines through some rigorous testing processes to separate the excellent from the merely great, and present you with our findings.
With Laptop Den on your side, doing the hard work, you’ll end up with the ideal machine and plenty of change left.
18 used from $349.00
For more laptops on a budget, check out these other pages here!