These days, laptops are available in a huge range of colors. Gone are the days of just black or grey, now you can choose from the whole rainbow. Although specifying certain colors for gender is heavy stereotyping, we are conditioned to think of blue for boys and pink for girls, and manufacturers are playing on that theme and producing a range of pink laptops, thus encouraging women to buy those particular machines – and why not? A pink laptop stands out in a crowd and is daringly different.
However, you can’t choose a laptop on color alone.
What to consider when looking for a pink laptop?
- Processor: Normally measured in GHz – gigahertz, the bigger the number the more powerful the laptop – 2 or 3 GHz is a good place to aim for
- SSD vs HDD: Most laptops possess a solid-state drive (SSD) providing quicker load times for your programs, games, or live streaming
- RAM: Laptops frequently come with 4 GB of RAM as standard, but extra can be purchased without breaking the bank. Unless you are a heavy duty gamer, 4 GB is probably fine for you
- Battery Life: Always check the battery life of any laptop, especially if you work on the move.
- Screen Size: Big isn’t necessarily better, and a larger screen can be less portable, and energy-hungry, but provide more power. So it pays to work out what you want from your new laptop – more mobile, yet less power, or vice versa.
We’ve scoured the market for pink laptops, putting each model through a series of tough, and definitely not girly, challenges to determine the quality, robustness, and suitability of every machine.
Here are our winners:
Check out these pages too for some great branded laptops