Laptop projectors, like the laptop itself, is an incredibly portable device, and allows the sharing of media in your own home, presentations in university or the office, or large events, such as weddings and sports matches.
Also known as a USB projector, there are a number of factors to consider when choosing a model, and, luckily for you, Laptop Den are on hand to explain.
What to look for when buying a new laptop projector?
- Resolution: Measured in pixels, the usual is a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Known as full HD, it produces great image quality, allowing a very immersive experience.
- Contrast ratio: This refers to the contrast between the blackest black and the brightest white, expressed as a ratio. A contrast ratio of 5000:1 produces a realistic image.
- Lumens: The brightness of the image is measured in lumens, and a good guide is that 1500-3000 lumen produces an image that can be enjoyed perfectly in daylight, without any artificial light. This should be increased if you plan your show in a darker room.
- Screen size: Most projectors work best with a screen, or wall, size of 30’’ to 300’’
- Connectivity: The most popular and commonly found connections are HDMI, USB or wireless tech, such as Bluetooth.
Taking all the points into consideration, and including a few others, such as ease of use, functionality, extra features and value for money, we’ve tested and retested a number of laptop projectors, before finally calculating the best of the best.
These awesome models are featured here, ready for you to have a look and choose your new laptop projector.
Check out these pages for some other great laptop accessories too!