Looking for a new laptop to flawlessly run Photoshop? Here at Laptop Den, we understand the difficulties of purchasing a new laptop, with all the technical specifications that require assessing.
What to look for when buying a new laptop to run Photoshop?
Generally when purchasing a laptop that can run Photoshop as well as similar software, it’s important to look out for a few key features, including:
- Processor: Processor speed is measured in gigahertz (GHz). The higher this measurement, the faster the processor. These chips are constantly getting smaller and more powerful. However, when you shop, you probably shouldn’t consider anything lower than 2 GHz.
- RAM: A lightweight system today can get by with 4GB of RAM. 8GB should be plenty for current and near-term future applications, 16GB gives you comfortable space for the future, and anything over 16GB is likely overkill unless you specifically know you need it
- Screen size: Discuss whether it’s going to be portable benefits vs on the move
- Operating System: We feel that a Windows operating system is better suited for most users, while Mac tends to better for more creative and designers.
- SSD vs HDD: When shopping for a laptop, it’s best to go with an SSD hard drive. Solid state drives deliver faster load times for games, applications, and movies. Because of the technology they use, SSDs are lighter and more able to withstand being moved and dropped. In addition, solid state drives use less energy, keeping the computer they’re used in cooler
We’ve considered all these features, and present our top 5 laptops that run Photoshop effortlessly.
Check out these pages for some great branded laptops