Laptops have become our new best friends, keeping our work, favorite music, secrets and more safe and secure. We should all back this info up regularly, but, honestly, how many of us actually do this as often as we should? Accidents happen and it only takes a cup of coffee, or slippery fingers, and your laptop could be broken forever, with all the important files and photos potentially lost.
Manufacturers are aware of this and have worked hard to produce machines that can survive all but the worst knocks and bumps. But other than durability and robustness, what else should you look for in a laptop built to last?
What to look for in a durable laptop?
- RAM: Most systems offer 4GB of RAM; however you can buy extra memory cheaply, and if necessary can increase the number to 16 or even 32 RAM easily
- Processor: Measured in gigahertz (GHz), this indicates the processing power the laptop possesses, with the higher the number the better. 2GHz is the standard amount you should be looking for
- Battery Life: When looking at battery life, consider how often you’ll be working on the move, or wanting to browse whilst out and about. You don’t want to be running out of power halfway through your game
- Hard Drive: A solid-state hard drive (SSD) is a good option to choose, especially when it comes to durability. Able to withstand knocks and bumps, it also delivers on the loading speed front, making gaming more immersive
- Screen Size: Consider what’s going to work for you – more screen real estate means a heavier machine, but for limited space, such as on a plane or train, and it pays to downsize slightly.
We test every laptop to ensure that it matches, or exceeds, our strict criteria, and only then do we feature it on our page. These are the models that we consider to be the most durable laptops available:
1) Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6’’ Full HD 4GB
The Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop is a powerful 15.6-laptop that provides ease for everyday work and schooling. Let your creativity take over with its Full HD IPS screen that allows you to see sharp and vivid details of your work. It is powered by AMD Ryzen 3 3200U and Windows 10 that will help you get the job done quickly and efficiently within its 7.5 hours of battery life. Never miss anything with the availability of its ports; 2 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.1, and 1 HDMI port. What’s best about this is it is portable and makes for easy travel with its slim design.
10 used from $259.99
2) Lenovo Chromebook 2-in-1 Laptop, 11.6’’ HD 4GB
If you are looking for something more flexible, the Lenovo Chromebook C330 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop offers flexibility literally. Its 11.6-inch HD IPS Display can be flipped 360⁰ as you prefer. It is a high-performing laptop that offers plenty of storage and memory while allowing you to work more smoothly. Enjoy its very useful specifications such as its built-in virus protection, long battery life, a variety of USB ports, and more. It feels like a premium product without the premium price tag. It is a great purchase for both teens and young adults who are still navigating through workloads that needs an efficient companion.
6 used from $155.52
3) HP Chromebook 14’’ Laptop 32 GB
The HP Chromebook 14-inch Laptop with 180-Degree Swivel is powered by AMD Dual-Core A4-9120 Processor and runs on Chrome OS. If you cannot choose between windows and mac OS we suggest you try Chrome OS on this powerful laptop. It offers an immersive experience not just for work but also for entertainment with its dual speakers and a rotatable screen. Enjoy up to 9 hours of work and play with its generous battery life. Boost your productivity by alternating work and leisure and switch back easily with its smooth work flow. This is an upgrade you did not know you need.
$189.95 in stock
12 used from $84.99
Check out these pages too for some great branded laptops