Laptops have become our new best friends, keeping our work, favorite music, secrets and more safe and secure. We should all back this info up regularly, but, honestly, how many of us actually do this as often as we should? Accidents happen and it only takes a cup of coffee, or slippery fingers, and your laptop could be broken forever, with all the important files and photos potentially lost.
Manufacturers are aware of this and have worked hard to produce machines that can survive all but the worst knocks and bumps. But other than durability and robustness, what else should you look for in a laptop built to last?
What to look for in a durable laptop?
- RAM: Most systems offer 4GB of RAM; however you can buy extra memory cheaply, and if necessary can increase the number to 16 or even 32 RAM easily
- Processor: Measured in gigahertz (GHz), this indicates the processing power the laptop possesses, with the higher the number the better. 2GHz is the standard amount you should be looking for
- Battery Life: When looking at battery life, consider how often you’ll be working on the move, or wanting to browse whilst out and about. You don’t want to be running out of power halfway through your game
- Hard Drive: A solid-state hard drive (SSD) is a good option to choose, especially when it comes to durability. Able to withstand knocks and bumps, it also delivers on the loading speed front, making gaming more immersive
- Screen Size: Consider what’s going to work for you – more screen real estate means a heavier machine, but for limited space, such as on a plane or train, and it pays to downsize slightly.
We test every laptop to ensure that it matches, or exceeds, our strict criteria, and only then do we feature it on our page. These are the models that we consider to be the most durable laptops available:
Check out these pages too for some great branded laptops