You shouldn’t have to sell your soul to get a top spec games machine, and with Laptop Den on your side, you don’t have to.
We’ve chosen the very best gaming laptops for under $1000, put them through a series of tough challenges and featured the winners here. With superior processors, dedicated graphics cards and a resolution to die for, every one of these bests can turn a regular all nighter into a severe adrenaline boosted epic.
However, it can be a confusing world out there if you’re not familiar with tech jargon, so we’re here to make it clearer.
What to look for when buying a new gaming laptop for under $1000?
- SSD vs HDD: SSD every time! For gaming purposes, they deliver super fast load speeds, can cope with being thrown in a backpack, and requiring less energy, your laptop won’t fade out through overheating.
- Screen size: Although this is a matter of personal choice, at Laptop Den we prefer the 14” and upwards. We feel these screens offer the perfect immersive experience, but are still easily portable and lightweight.
- Graphics Card: With a dedicated graphics card, the annoying judder from the image refresh is completely eliminated, even with the faster action scenes, and the graphics themselves are far superior than those offered by an integrated card.
- RAM: For a gaming laptop you should be looking at at least 8GB of RAM, if you can stretch to 16 or 32 then even better. Extra RAM is readily available and at very budget-friendly prices.
A budget of $1000 doesn’t need to restrict your gaming prowess from expanding to legend status. You can still get a top notch machine and walk away with plenty of change in your pocket. Have a look at these beauties
1) Acer Nitro 15.6in Gaming Laptop
With an 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8300 mobile processor, Intel Turbo Boost technology, 12GB DDR4 2400 MHz memory, and a 256GB PCIe solid-state drive (SSD), this machine is fully optimized for an immersive gaming experience. The keyboard is comfortingly spacious, and the deep red backlit keys are a great touch! Those full set of features is an amazing value for well below $1000, letting you play just about any game you may be into easily. It also has a built-in HD webcam, Wireless-AC connectivity, and gigabit ethernet. Despite having such powerful hardware, it is still quite compact at just under 6 pounds and 1.1 inches thin, thanks to not needing an optical drive.
2) Asus TUF Gaming Laptop
Designed for the hardcore amongst us, this machine has it all, starting with the impressive 9th Gen Hexa-core Intel Core i7-9750h Processor, the Nanoedge display incorporating IPS level wide viewing angles, and the optimized hardware. It has dual fans with anti-dust technology to prolong its lifespan and make sure it keeps performing well without slowing down via thermal throttling, and it can be customized with Fan Overboost. The RGB-backlit keyboard is rated for 20-million keystroke, and the backlights can be customized in many ways thanks to AURA. There’s no escaping the power this Asus TUF offers, providing a fully immersive experience, awesome audio, and an extra durable keyboard. For the serious gamer, this is right up there with the best.
1 used from $869.66
3) Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop
The IdeaPad is a much-admired machine, and it’s no wonder. With the latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics providing smooth scrolling and faster gameplay, full HD IPS Display bring vibrant lifelike colors into your gaming world and the 9th-generation Intel Core i5 processors offering exceptional power at your fingertips, this is a great gaming machine! It also has Dolby Atmos technology in its audio output, so you get amazing sound to go with your gaming experience. It also has a full-sized keyboard that lets you game and work comfortably. All of that makes it a powerhouse gaming PC in a compact package!
$798.00 in stock
2 used from $979.99
Take a look at our other gaming laptop pages here!